Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have a new love, and thy name is...

sweet potato. I'm totally serious. I know it sounds bizarre, but if you can't eat pumpkin pie all day long (which I would do if I lived in rainbow fairy land), sweet potatoes are the next best thing. They are warm, creamy, sweet comfort food at it's best, plus you can actually feel like you did something good for the day at the same time!

I've been doing sweet potato fries for awhile now (chop up sweet potato into fry-type shapes, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with assorted seasonings, bake at 425 or so for 20ish minutes, dunk in ketchup, do happy dance). In fact, the kids will even eat them (HA, HA, I WIN).  But my favorite by far is just washing one, sticking it in the microwave for 4 or 5 minutes, cutting it open, pouring on some sugar free maple syrup and digging in. Sounds gross, tastes awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment